The National Assessment Accreditation Council (NAAC) aims at sustaining and promoting a quality culture in higher educational institutions. It advocates the establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by all the accredited institutions as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity. It channelizes the efforts of the institution towards academic excellence.
Objectives and Strategies
- Improving the academic and administrative performance of the institutions.
- Monitoring the quality parameters of the college.
- Optimizing, integrating and monitoring the modern methods of teaching learning and evaluation.
- Maintaining Quality sustenance and enhancement.
- Promoting innovative practices.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structures.
- Development of Bench marks for quality in academic and administrative activities.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops and seminars related to quality and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC.
For us, education does not lie in the quantification of knowledge but it lies in the quality of knowledge. By all means, IQAC adds greatly to the strength of the college and leads the institution towards academic excellence. IQAC meetings are conducted periodically to check the quality parameters of the college and the effective functioning of the cell in order to fulfill its objectives and functions. IQAC submitted the Annual Quality Assurance Report for the years 2004-2009 and 2009-2010 to NAAC.
Workshops sponsored under the auspices of IQAC
- A Three day workshop on ‘Curriculum Development and Evaluation’ was organized with Academic Staff College, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, during March 2006 and it was sponsored by UGC and Tamilnadu State Council for Higher Education.
- A two day workshop on ‘Educational Technology and E-content Development’ was organized jointly with the Department of Educational Technology, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, on December 20- 21, 2006. Dr. Karpagakumaravel, present Vice-Chancellor of Madurai Kamaraj University, was the director of the programme. Dr. K. Balasubramanian, Director, UGC-Multi Media Research Centre, Mysore, was one of the Resource person. It was aimed to train the teachers in the art and science of digitizing the teaching-learning content, that is, package of knowledge in electronic form.
- Two workshops on ‘Teacher Empowerment and Accountability in Higher Education’ and ‘Higher education Today and it’s Challenges’ were conducted on 27.01.2007.
- Two workshops on ‘NAAC Reaccreditation Process’ were organized in the year 2008, with Dr. Pankajam as resource person.
- In 2009, one workshop was conducted with Dr. S. Venkatraman, Senior Programme Specialist, UNESCO and Director CFDRT, as Resource Person. He stressed upon the need and importance of college to community service.
- One more workshop on ‘Web portal of ADMC’ was conducted during the year 2010 with Mr. B. Anand, Network Engineer, UGC Informatics Centre, Bharathidasan University, as Resource Person.
Dr.Madhuramozhi Govindarajalu M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.
Associate Professor in Zoology,
ADM College for women,
Nagapattinam - 611001
Internal Quality Assurance Cell Reports